Rogers High junior Hannah Martin set the Class 5A-7A state girls indoor high jump record — twice.
During Saturday’s meet at the Randal Tyson Track Center in Fayetteville, Martin broke the record by clearing 5 feet, 6 inches. She then raised the bar an inch and cleared 5-7 to break the record she had just set.
It broke the previous mark set 20 years ago by Fayetteville’s Keely Yarbrough.
For her performance, Martin is the ARPreps.com Athlete of the Week.
Here’s a look at other top performances from the past week:
• Springdale Har-Ber’s relay team of De’Sire Perez, Kalyn Haley, Raeghan Smithpeters and Julianne Dillon broke the 4×400-meter record with a time of 4 minutes, 2.30 seconds. The previous mark of 4:03.15 was set by Cabot two years ago.
• Prairie Grove senior boys basketball team defeated Pea Ridge 59-56 on Tuesday night. It handed the Blackhawks, the No. 2 team in Class 4A, it’s first 3A/4A District 1 loss and only their second loss of the season.
• Jackson Hutchinson, Shiloh Christian, scored 28 points, including hitting 13 of 18 free throw attempts, during the Saints’ 59-53 come-from-behind win against West Fork on Tuesday.
• Sara Greenlee, West Fork, hit four 3-pointers and led all scorers with 17 points in a 41-33 win over Shiloh Christian.
Latest posts by Mike Capshaw (see all)
- 7A-West Softball Notebook - March 15, 2017
- Video profile: Farmington’s Alyssa Reed - March 15, 2017
- Tweets of the Week: Hairless Hutchins takes top honor - March 14, 2017