Five Northwest Arkansas individual swimmers and two relay teams have qualified for All-American standards or have earned consideration for the honor by the National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association with their performances Saturday during the Arkansas High School Swim and Dive Championships.
Those athletes, with their accomplishments, are:
• Hayden Harlow, senior, Bentonville High, 100-yard breaststroke (time 55.84 seconds; All-American standard 56.09) and 200 individual medley (time 1 minute, 50.46 seconds; All-American standard 1:50.01; consideration 1:50.28)
• Ryan Husband, freshman, Bentonville High, 100 freestyle (state record 45.59; All-American standard 45.14; consideration 45.86) and 200 freestyle (time 1:39.97; All-American standard 1:38.91; consideration 1:40.53).
• Gavin Vann, junior, Bentonville West, 100 backstroke (state record 50.38; All-American standard 49.74; consideration 51.01)
• Bentonville’s 400 freestyle relay team of Harlow, Husband, Hayden Dixon and Zane Sutton (state record time 3:08.24; All-American standard 3:06.27; consideration 3:09.43).
• The Tigers’ 200 medley team of Harlow, Husband, Sutton and Simon Mooney (state record time 1:34.19; All-American standard 1:33.83; consideration 1:35.43).
• Taylor Pike, senior, Bentonville High, 100 butterfly (time 54.11; All-American standard 54.65); and 500 freestyle (time 4:49.28; All-American standard 4:52.43)
• Hayley Pike, freshman, Haas Hall Bentonville, 500 freestyle, (time 4:54.00; All-American standard 4:52.43; consideration 4:57.48)
Coaches have until June 15 to submit applications in order for their athletes to be included in the selection process. The top 100 athletes, determined by times from verified applications, will be recognized by the NISCA as All-Americans in individual and relay.