THE APPLE PLAN
June 10, 2012
WRITER OFFERS DIFFERENT LOOK FOR CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT
Sports writers are never short on opinion.
At A Glance
Does somebody want to argue because a certain school has to deal with longer trips under sports writer Henry Apple’s reclassification proposal?
The following are trips some of the state’s smaller school districts must take under the Arkansas Activities Association’s 2012-14 reclassification cycle:
• 182 miles between 3A-1 Conference schools West Fork and Melbourne
• 181 miles between 3A-6 Conference schools Fouke and McGehee
• 178 miles between 3A-6 Conference schools Genoa Central and McGehee
• 174 miles between 1A-5 North Conference schools Wonderview and KIPP Delta Collegiate in Helena-West Helena
• 172 miles between 3A-1 Conference schools West Fork and Mountain View
• 170 miles between 3A-1 Conference schools Greenland and Melbourne
• 170 miles between 2A-4 Conference schools Decatur and Hector
• No schools in Class 7A, Class 5A and Class 4A will have to travel farther under Apple’s proposal
This story is only available from the ARPreps.com archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $1.95. Click the link below to search for this story in the archives. If the search doesn't yield any results, contact the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette library at (501) 378-3851 with the section, date and page information below..