From Jeremy Muck
Week 7 is in the books. Some thoughts….
1) I get more impressed with North Little Rock by the week. Good running game, passing game is getting better & the defense is salty. Look out.
2) Nashville over Ashdown. The Scrappers haven’t had the type of season they’re accustomed to having. But they’re a proud bunch. That’s a proud town, too.
3) Bentonville West is 7-0. Make no mistake, you better start thinking about the Wolverines as a true 7A contender.
4) Good win for Little Rock Central tonight over Cabot. The Tigers needed that one. Winning at Quigley is always a fun deal for those kids and folks.
5) Little Rock McClellan is in the mix once again in Class 5A. I’ve said this often, but the job that Maurice Moody has done over on Geyer Springs is one of the best I’ve seen in the state.
6) Batesville over Wynne. I’ve seen the Jackets/Pioneers in person before. That’s a great rivalry game. Pioneers get the best of the Jackets tonight.
7) Stand up, Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Pine Bluff and Watson Chapel are both 4-0 in their conferences. Zebras 4-0 in the 6A-East, Wildcats 4-0 in the 5A-South.
8) How about those Pea Ridge Blackhawks? Still undefeated after a win over their rival, Prairie Grove. There’s a reason why I have them No. 1.
9) Glen Rose 37, Prescott 27. Great game. That one is always one of the best in Class 3A. Beavers improve to 4-0 in the 5-3A.
10) Mountain Pine, man. They’re 4-0 in the 7-2A. A year after they didn’t have enough kids to field a team in the middle of the year. What a story.
11) 3 more weeks left in the regular season. New batch of rankings in Sunday’s ADG. There will be some shakin’ going on.